Thursday, September 4, 2008

More of our little Fischer

Fischer
We just love him to pieces.
Fischer was our smallest baby, but I figured it out and he arrived, in terms of pregnancy length, 14 days before Anja.  Anja weighed 8lbs 12oz.  If Fischer had stayed in me 14 more days, he probably would have gone from 7lbs 14oz...to somewhere near Anja's weight.  Thank heavens he came early!
Fischer looking at his hands.
Clinton thinks that Fischer is going to have brown eyes, since Carter and Anja have blue eyes (his eye color) and it's only fair that I get a child with brown eyes (that and he thinks Fischer's eye color/tone was slightly different than the other two when he was born).
We think Fischer has big feet.  However, I've been told by some people that his feet are smaller than other infants his age.  Nonetheless, he does have big feet.  And if his feet are any indicator of how tall he'll be (?) we think he might be able to be tall like his Uncle Zach.
This is currently the best picture we have showing Fischer's hair.  He has lots of it...It is pretty long, full, and all the way around his head.  It looks dark, but actually lighter than Carter's and Anja's (when they were born).  Fischer's is more of a dark blond/lighter brown.  Whenever people see Fischer for the first time, they always comment on how much hair he has.

2 videos of Fischer
Here are 2 clips of Fischer (mostly for Oma and Opa and Gram and Grandpa...but we figured others would enjoy them too).  They just show Fischer laying down, moving a little, and making a little bit of noise.  Just something for fun.

11 comments:

E said...

He is so cute!! I can definately see the blond in his hair and he looks so skinny! Way to go Lex...gotta love the Castor Oil:)

Jill said...

Alexis! He is adorable! I'm jealous of all the hair, I always am! Hey, I did the castor oil...:) I was wondering how you went in so early! I didn't know the stuff really works, now I'm a believer...we will have to talk!

Mandy said...

he is just too adorable! What cute hair! We are so happy for you. :)

Natalie said...

Wow what a beautiful baby. He doesn't have the typical newborn look. Congradulations!

Anonymous said...

Oma and Opa are thrilled with all of the news of FISCHER!! We love our fabulous grandchildren! The pictures and videos of Fischer with Carter and Anja are precious...we think we will be watching them a million times until we can hold Fischer in our arms. Just a reminder...move to the WEST!! Hugs and kisses to our sweet little Morgan family...lots of love...Oma and Opa (yes, we are only listed as "anonymous" until I/Oma locate my password...so, Holly, what did I do with that?!)

Dave and Mel said...

Hey guys- congrats on little baby Fischer and nice work on such a handsome little guy!! Where did the name come from?? i am very happy for you and can't believe you have two kids under James and Carter' age-crazy!!

Unknown said...

Oh, he is so cute!! Congratulations guys. Can't wait to see him. Love the hair!!

Caroline said...

He is so cute, thanks for sharing! I'm happy for you that he was born early. One pound is a huge difference! And I hope he has brown eyes too.

Daniel and Monica Long said...

My favorite part is when Fischer hears your soft voice and he is instantly soothed. Oh, the wonderful comfort a baby gets from just knowing his mother is there! I love you, Alexis--you really are a very special mother. Love, Aunt Jenine
P.S. I'm visiting you from Monica's Blog

Cheryl said...

I still can't believe you came home on Tuesday and were already at training with us on Wed! Way to go girl. I'm glad things went so well. He is just darling and definitely has 2 proud siblings. I just love Anja's video as she eagerly awaits the chance to hold him. Enjoy your new bundle

Daniel and Monica Long said...

Alexis! Fischer is ADORABLE!!!! I love him to pieces! I NEEEEED to meet your family!!!