Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Shirt and a Birthday

Today is my 26th birthday.  Hooray!  I love birthdays and think they are the BIGGEST deal.  I awoke and found at the table a homemade card from Clinton.  He had used pictures to tell a little story of us and wrote me a poem (I just LOVE Clinton's poems).  I opened gifts and had fun laughing with Clinton about various moments.  Carter and Anja came over and watched, helped, and danced to the music cards sent by my parents.  It has been great so far...and as soon as Fischer is fed, I'm going to go exercise!  Something I do everyday to win my body back.

Also, Carter looks so handsome in button up collared shirts.  I put one on him yesterday that as kids we referred to as a flannel shirt (sometimes made by my Grandma Timmerman).  While I was putting on the shirt, I asked him if he knew who wore this kind of shirt.  He replied no.  "Well," I said, "Your Opa and Grandpa wear flannel shirts."  A while later we were outside and Carter saw a friend.  He walked right up to him and said, "Hey, I'm wearing an Opa and Grandpa shirt!"  As if that really was the 'name' of his shirt!  

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Lexi! Okay so I loved 26 and I am hating 27. You want to know why? Because everytime I think of 27 I think of 30 and it kills me! I can't turn 30. I need at least two more kids before I am going to allow myself to turn 30. If only I had that power to stop my aging:)

Carter is so cute. I remember those lovely flannel shirts made by Grandpma T. Do you remember the colorful jam shorts she made us? I'll have to find a picture and send it to you:) Love you and hope you have a GREAT day!