Monday, August 3, 2009

It's SO HOT!!

Portland has been a sweltering 106 degrees. Ok...last Tuesday and Wednesday it really reached that temperature. I got home from nice, cool Astoria Tuesday night to a house that was 86 degrees inside. That's just unlivable. The kids and I had to sleep by the wall air conditioner unit because the bedrooms were so hot! I called my parents Tuesday night and we spoke again Wednesday at 7:15 AM...it was gonna be near 90 degrees before lunch...around 106 that day. Needless to say, my parents said, 'pack up the kids and come to the coast for a week.' No Problem! So we have been in Astoria all week...cool 68 degrees and all. Don't get me wrong...it warmed to about 71...which was cooler than the earlier temperatures that week....but I just can't live in 106 degrees and NO CENTRAL AC.

My dad went fishing and cought some great fish. Great pictures of the kids with the fish. Actually, I haven't put many pictures up this past month. Must catch up...so many things to do.

Love to all of our family and friends!

3 comments:

Lois said...

Can't wait to see the pics. Lois

Elisa said...

Oh, I bet you're just loving being so close to family! Luckily girl!

Whidget said...

Not sure if I told you--we signed a contract in Grants Pass, OR, so we are headed that way in a few months!

Bridget