Monday, August 17, 2009

My HUGE Savings


Ok, so I've been working on the coupon thing...and today we rocked at Albertsons. I did their $5 coupon, $20 MIR promo. I picked my items, got corresponding coupons, and headed to the store. My total before coupons and sales was $45.59. Using their sale, coupons, and $15 of catalina coupons from the previous promo, my Out Of Pocket was $0.68!!!! I told Carter about it and he thought it was great. We spent 68 cents on all this stuff, because I was actually owed 1 cent and I thought well, lets get a treat, so I bought the bag of M&Ms for the kids for FHE tonight. Hooray!!! And I'm sending in my $20 mail in rebate. In 6-8 weeks I should be getting a $20 check. If all works out, I will have made $19.32 on this transaction!!! Yep...I'd say that ROCKS!

7 comments:

jenni said...

that is nuts!! if I wasn't so addicted to crafting I would spend more time figuring out coupons. Very impressed!

amy said...

do you want to be my personal shopper?! That is awesome!

Amber said...

Way to go! Coupon shopping is SO addicting (but I guess if you are going to be addicted to something, saving money is the way to go!). Great job!

The Hulls said...

Wow!!! Great job Lexi! Can you teach me how to coupon? I don't understand it all...it seems so overwhelming!

Jason and Rachel said...

Nice job Alexis! I have to say that after reading this, I need to step up my game and get organized with my couponing. :)

Stephanie said...

That is quite impressive! I need help in that area of my life. I am such a convenience shopper. I know I spend way too much.

Bridget said...

hahaha! I'm laughing so hard! How in the world did you get all that for 68 cents! That's pretty amazing. You'll have to give an online tutorial on how to use coupons!!